Official Title: Database Administrator
Status: Full-time, Exempt
Department: Data Services
Reports to: Vice President, Data Services
As a database administrator, you will be responsible for providing and maintaining reliable and high-performance database environments. You will work in a small team where your actions and ideas have real and immediate impact. You will actively contribute to the design and development of new features and new database structures. Working closing with the business and with our clients, you will help define data exports and reports and turn those requests into reality.Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Ensure the integrity and performance of data, structures and procedures in CampusDoor's production, test and data warehousing databases through index and statistics management as well as regular audits and continuous monitoring
- Regular database maintenance, including design and creation of new databases, tables, views, indexes, procedures, maintenance plans, SQL jobs, etc.
- Design, build and manage reports and file exports in SQL Server Reporting Services (SSRS) and SQL Server Integration Services (SSIS)
- Work closely with the business and our clients to help define, build, test and implement requests
- Provide ad-hoc data to the business and our clients
- Perform incident management and root cause analysis of SQL Server database related items
- Work closely with the team on designing and implementing new warehousing concepts and associated ETLs
- Work closely with the application development team to help implement SQL related changes
- 5+ years as a DBA in production Microsoft SQL Server environments
- Excellent knowledge of T-SQL and MSSQL concepts
- Strong working experience with SQL Server Reporting Services (SSRS) and SQL Server Integration Services (SSIS)
- Working experience with high availability technologies like SQL Always-On Availability Groups and Failover Clustering
- Excellent communication, interpersonal and presentation skills
- Strong sense of how business processes relate to data
- Experience with software tools such as Idera, Redgate and PowerBI a plus
- Experience with Amazon Web Services (AWS) a plus
- Basic server administration
The above job description is not intended to be an all-inclusive list of duties and standards of the position. Incumbents will follow any other instructions, and perform any other related duties, as assigned by the manager.
Ready to join us?
- Send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- No resume? Send us an email. We'd like to get to know YOU. Tell us about what experience you bring and what you'd like to do next.