Official Title: Database Administrator
Department: Data Services, Information Systems
Reports To: AVP, Data Services
Term: Full-time, Exempt
Who we are
A rapidly but thoughtfully growing FinTech company backed by the largest alternative investment firm in the world. We take our work seriously, but not ourselves. We build things we are proud of and always push the envelope. We challenge ourselves and will challenge you.
Who you are
Do you have outstanding interpersonal skills? Do you like to mix working independently with collaborative assignments? Are you a data nerd?
We are looking for a data guru to help support our SQL databases. If you want specifics, we are hoping that you will help us with the design, administration, support, performance, reporting, and other aspects of SQL database management. We are also hoping that you will have creative approaches to our data and the willingness to immerse yourself in the data, present it to others and even help us drive business decisions based on our collective analysis.
More SpecificsEssential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Manage database integrity, structures and reporting.
- Respond to and support business requests for data and reporting.
- Respond to and support external client requests for data and reporting.
- Participate in optimizing database performance.
- Develop and maintain management level reporting for executive management team.
- Create internal and external ad hoc reporting upon request.
- Actively participate in the definition and creation of an improved data warehouse environment.
- Participate in on-call or after hours support.
- 3+ years as a DBA in MS SQL Server.
- Knowledge with SSIS.
- Knowledge with SSRS and Power BI a big plus.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Critical thinking.
Ready to join us?
- Send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- No resume? Send us an email. We'd like to get to know YOU. Tell us about what experience you bring and what you'd like to do next.